Co-hosted by the California Latino Legislative Caucus, join Assembly Speaker Robert Rivas, Assemblymember Marc Berman and Senator Josh Becker for a film screening of the award-winning documentary "CAMPESINOS: America's Unsung Heroes."
Filmed during the pandemic, the documentary focuses on telling the story of the hardworking farmworkers of California.
When: August 23rd from 4-5pm
Where: California State Capitol, Eureka Room
In California, our hard-working farmworkers tirelessly devote their lives to contributing the nation’s food supply without fail, day-in and day-out, regardless of the issues the country faces (wildfires, extreme heat, pandemic, etc.). During the COVID-19 pandemic their dedication, hard work and role was deservedly recognized as “essential”. This documentary takes a deeper look into their day to day lives. The mission of our film is to raise awareness on how vital our farm workers/field workers are to our society while paying tribute to them and offering the recognition they deserve.
- Best Film 2022 Los Angeles Documentary Film Festival
- Best Human Rights Film 2022 San Francisco Indie Short Film Festival
- Best COVID Film 2022 San Diego Shorts Film Festival
- Best Short Film 2022 Los Angeles/Toronto Documentary Film Festival
- Best Documentary Short 2022 Nashville Independent Filmmakers Festival
- Human Rights Award 2022 Fine Arts Film Festival (Venice, CA)
- Award Winner 2022 Docs Without Borders Film Festival
- Best Local Documentary SF Indie Film Festival
- Silver Award 2022 The Telly Awards (Non-Broadcast Social Issues)
Director: Joe Poni
Producer: Alex Ontiveros
Production Manager: Oscar Sotelo
Executive Producer: Salvador Chave